At Marlo, we’re building a workplace mastery platform to give every employee superpowers at work.
We're starting with one of the biggest employee pain points: meetings.
Our first product has been helping teams at Wayfair, Toast, Compass, and 50+ other companies find and fix unproductive meetings with real-time meeting feedback.
As we scale to hundreds of companies, our engineering team is scaling as well. We are looking for an experienced full-stack / frontend engineer to build and launch new user experiences for our customers.
What You'll Do
- Work cross-functionally to architect new features and build new products for our customers
- Build beautiful UIs and work with the product team to plan the user journey
- Contribute to the code base, participate in code reviews, and create documentation
- Integrate with backend services for seamless user experience on our web applications
- Actively participate in shipping regularly, experimentation, and automation
- Use your expertise to help the team plan projects and connect the dots across the stack
- 4+ years as a software engineer; preferably in a fast-scaling technology company
- There is no task beneath you. As a member of the early engineering team, you will be hands-on, committing code daily and working with other engineers to squash bugs.
- You've integrated with custom, internal and third-party APIs
- You've deployed web applications to production using cloud platforms
- You love learning. You enjoy experimenting with new technology, including areas with which you might not have experience with yet.
- You're an excellent communicator. You show results by deploying your work but also keep the team aware of your blockers or help you need.
Launched in mid-2019 at Harvard, Marlo is now used by over 50 companies and has grown to thousands of active users. We are a fast-moving, venture-funded team with a mission to empower teams to master their workplace.
Marlo is a customer-led company. Our superpower is fast iteration and a focus on problem solving through experimentation. Each member of the team conducts interviews, participates in sprints, and contributes to the features we roll out. As we grow, this focus on bringing delight to our customers has allowed us to move quickly and build products our users love.
We work best with people who have an insatiable desire to learn and improve. We attack problems head-on, researching things we don't understand and asking for help from experts when possible. Our culture is one of transparency and we use that to force multiply our problem solving together.
If you're a builder that loves getting feedback, iterating, and delighting customers with your work, we'd love for you to join us!