UPPERCASE is looking for a talented and enthusiastic front-end developer to help us build beautiful Shopify e-commerce websites for forward-thinking brands. We work with innovative, growth-stage companies seeking to scale their businesses. We're looking for a detail-oriented person with a passion for developing great front-end experiences for e-commerce.
A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Be able to take a design in Sketch/Photoshop and build HTML, CSS and JS.
- Be a keen problem solver, you will be able to come up with creative answers to our clients needs.
- Have a solid understanding of the fundamental aspects of HTML, CSS and JS.
- Be passionate about front-end with a focus on performance and standards.
- Have opinions and ideas about front-end and be passionate about sharing those ideas.
- Be exceptionally detail oriented and committed to putting out their best work
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate technical ideas to non-technical people (be that leadership, account managers, sales or clients)
- Have sufficient familiarity and knowledge of common e-commerce design patterns.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR A VARIETY OF TASKS, INCLUDING:
- Developing professional e-commerce stores on the Shopify platform for a wide range of retail brands.
- Working closely with the project and account managers to deliver projects that are the best in the industry.
- Collaborating and sharing ideas with the rest of the production team.
- 1-2+ years of experience preferable
- GIT/Version Control
- Ability to work confidently within terminal