Yardzen is the leading online landscape design firm, using technology and a vast network of local landscape contractors to disrupt the $88 billion landscaping industry in the United States. We believe design unlocks lucrative contracting business by helping homeowners arrive at a plan for the outdoor renovations they want to make.
We’re looking for a front-end engineer to add to our growing engineering team at our Sausalito headquarters. This is a ground floor opportunity in a VC-backed startup where your role will be to help build the technical footprint for Yardzen.
- Design, architect, and build responsive web-based user interfaces, tools, and workflows that directly influence how homeowners, contractors, and designers interact with Yardzen projects
- Work directly with the CEO/founders to come up with solutions and implement them into Yardzen’s core platform
- Have a big voice in architecture, implementation, and engineering process
- Design, build, and scale our web application to be fast and reliable
- Ideally you would have an understanding and a bit of hands-on experience with React and responsive web-based design (even if it’s just a small side project)
- Have experience using cloud platforms like Google Firebase: Cloud Firestore, Storage, etc. (again, even if it's just a side project)
- Like the idea of being Yardzen’s third engineering hire, and working at an early stage startup
- You have a passion for startups and genuine interest in learning as you build
- Have experience building front-end web applications using modern web technologies like React and Typescript
- Like to think about how users interact with your applications
- You are a true front-end engineer and you're excited to tackle what you’re already comfortable with (and what you aren’t!)
- You’re a real teammate. Culture is critical in the early days and we’re looking for goodness and grit
- You recognize the art of engineering and the impact great code has on the overall user experience
- Comfortable working quickly, with lots of iterations, and shipping often.