We’re looking for engineers that enjoy having a huge impact at fast-growing startups and that have a passion for our mission of making work more purposeful.
Organizations struggle with communicating and measuring progress on their objectives. Teams work in isolation, priorities get lost, and the shared documents and spreadsheets companies use for tracking are a mess and don’t scale. Koan is here to help with a modern approach to strategic business execution. From the executive level down to individual contributors, Koan combines status reporting and goals (OKRs) tracking to improve transparency, accountability and feedback. By aligning the entire organization with a suite of tools that employees love using, Koan helps every team work with purpose.
Koan is a venture-backed startup based in Portland, OR.
What you’ll be doing:
- Join the early technical team
- Build and scale our React single-page application frontend
- Production React experience or a motivation to learn quickly
- A strong desire to build well-designed, tested, and accessible interfaces
- A formal background in computer science or experience shipping software
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with Redux or similar libraries
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with TypeScript or other type systems
- Enjoying a challenge and being proud of our work. Check out how we integrated our React frontend with Intercom’s tours feature.
- Building great user experiences
- Caring about customers
- Making things work, then making them work better
- Documenting and fixing technical debt
- Testing and writing code that can be depended on
- Continuous deployment and developer happiness
- Having fun while building a great company
- Generous stock grant
- Competitive salary
- Great health insurance & 401k
- A company with a Silicon Valley mindset mixed with Portland ethos
- Be part of the journey to build something great with a team that cares about both results and company culture
We're currently looking for Portland based employees or individuals ready to relocate to Portland.